How to Study - our top tips
We’re expert teachers in the field of aviation, so rest assured we offer here the best advice possible on how to study for your theoretical knowledge exams!
Firstly, if “school” seems a long time ago to you, you’ll find that the method you used to study will often not “work” for you in later life… you’ll need to re-learn how to learn!
We recommend using the following method:
- Make sure you buy our “full” course material, not just the progress tests and end of course exams (the question bank). The official exams will test your understanding of the subject – and questions are changed regularly by the authority, so its no use just learning answers to questions – you really need to understand the subject!
- Read each page of the course carefully. Our courses are very concise, and each page contains a lot of information – often in graphical form. As a wise instructor once said, “Teach slowly, learn quickly”, so take your time!
- When the course material prompts you, take the progress test. Progress tests check your understanding of the material up to that point. Review your results, look at our detailed explanations for each question, and then (if lnecessary) go back to the course material and revise the study area for the question you got wrong. Then move on and continue studying the next part of the course, following this process until you reach the end of the course.
- Once the end of the course is reached, you are ready to take our end of course exam. The important point here is to remember that this exam is part of the learning process! Take the exam, review your results, look at our detailed explanations for each question, and then if necessary go back to the course material and revise the study area for the question you got wrong.
- Importantly, you really ought to take our end of course exam multiple times. We have a large exam question bank for each subject, and (uniquely), using our system, you won’t see any repeat questions until you have seen all of our questions. No other provider does this! In fact, you’ll find you will need to take our end of course exam (for each subject) around 10 or 12 times before you start seeing repeat questions!
- For the reason above, we recommend you undertake each subject end of course exam a minimum of 10 times, and should be aiming to be achieving marks in the high 80%’s and early 90%’s. That way, you’ll be (pretty much) guaranteed to pass the official exam with ease!